It’s almost five months ever since the Philippines was put under quarantine, yet the curve doesn’t seem to flatten. In fact, we’ve just been named the hotbed of COVID-19 in Southeast Asia. With that development, I don’t think things will move to the new normal anytime soon.
Given that I can’t just simply leave the house nowadays, I’ve taken to mining my Instagram archive for any posts I can publish for the time being. Manila is still under quarantine and establishments have imposed stringent measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. I can only reminisce about the pre-quarantine days through this entry.
Back then, I would just head over to a restaurant near me to satisfy a craving. Enter the place, tell the wait staff I’m dining solo, and head over to the table they assign. Now, you have to fill up forms and have your temperature checked before entering – plus you can’t loiter for too long after leaving. All of these, in our brave new post-COVID-19 world.
Without further ado, let me share these nine meals to look back. Note that all of these were taken way before COVID-19 entered the scene.
1. Vegetable Bibimbap with Extra Fried Egg and Chik Solo Bucket, Chik & Mandoo
2. Fish Bibimbowl, BonChon Chicken
3. Beef Bibimbap, Assi Mart
4. Superstar Teriyaki XXL Chicken Rice Meal with Extra Rice, Hot Star Large Fried Chicken
5. Chicken Souvlaki, Cyma Greek Taverna
6. Honey Butter Fried Chicken Meal (1 Piece), HB Fried Chicken
7. Crispy Fish with Seoul Fried Rice and Extra Rice, BonChon Chicken
8. Tuna Omurice Meal, Johnny Kahuku’s Hawaiian Shrimp House
9. Black Chicken Box, Bobbybox
Until the next post, bon appetit and stay safe!