Some of the blog’s avid readers who follow me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/themonchingsguide) know that I usually take pictures of meals I eat during the times I go out and about. These mostly consist of rice platters from restaurants I happen to stop by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – given that I’m more of a rice-eating person. The best thing about these one-shot meals is that the contents of one plate is enough to make me full; no need for an additional cup or two of rice!
Now that I am unable to visit restaurants for eating in due to the existing quarantine measures in Manila, I now rely on my Instagram archive which I downloaded months ago for new content. Luckily, I found these nine pictures after scouring the archive’s posts and stories folders showing content from way back. Since I have these ready to go, let me share them to you by means of this post.
1. Classic Chicken with Two Sidings Platter, World Chicken
2. House Crispy Sisig Silog, Manam Cafe
3. Barnyard B Spicy Meal, Birdhouse
4. Beef Salpicao, Blake’s Wings & Steaks
5. Crispy Seafood Roll with Extra Rice, Ersao
6. Stir-Fried Curried Prawn and Chicken with Rice, Black Canyon Coffee
7. Pulled Pork Ribs Breakfast Platter, Racks
8. Chasiu Don Rice Bowl, Uma Uma Ramen
9. Surf & Turf Blue Plate, Racks
Until the next post, bon appetit and stay safe!