When one talks of carbo-loading, they would usually pertain to large servings of pasta, rice, or other carbohydrates before a major physical activity such as a marathon.
Today’s cube, however, talks of a different carbo-loading: meals that have ample carbohydrates and protein and easily fill one up. What I liked about these is that you can literally enjoy your meal in one sitting and leave satisfied. Finishing what’s on my plate was a challenge, but I ended up full from these. In addition, some of these meals leaned towards the more budget-friendly side of things and that added to their appeal.
It was only after checking my Instagram archive that I discovered these nine platters from previous opportunities to eat out—all before the pandemic struck. Without further ado, let me share nine such orders I tried out.
1. Bacon & Herb Pizza, S&R Pizza
2. 5-Cheese Black Pizza, Pezzo Pizza
3. Chicago White Deep Dish Pizza, Sbarro
4. Yellow Cab Mymix (Hawaiian Pizza, Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta, Sweet Soy Wings, Garlic Bread), Yellow Cab Pizza Co.
5. Genova Set (Lasagna al Pesto, Chicken breast ala Milanese, Potato Croquettes), Giovanni’s Bar Ristorante
6. Pizza, Pasta, and Chicken Meal (Quattro Formaggi Pizza, Garlic Parmesan Chicken, Fettucine Carbonara, Potato Slices, Garlic Stick), Ristorante Bigoli
7. Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Extra Ham, Tim Horton’s
8. Chicken Meatball Panini, Juju Eats
9. Grilled 3 Cheese Sandwich, Nitro7 Coffee & Tea Bar
Until the next post, bon appetit and stay safe!